Thursday, March 29, 2012

The morning...

and I. It's a love-hate sort of thing.

I love the morning because there is nothing that beats the beauty of the sunrise or the sunset. The sight(s) literally take my breath away.
I love the morning because in the stillness, I can gather my thoughts.
I love the mornings because they are so full, so pregnant with hope and expectation of the day.
I love the mornings because I get to start a new day.
I love the mornings because I am a fan of a coffee cup in my hand.
I love the mornings because I have the chance to do all the things that I didn't do yesterday,
because I can sit and think of all that I ever would like to get done.
I like the mornings, I just don't always get up early enough to enjoy them.

What can describe the mixed emotions within me?
I can at once acknowledge the beauty outside and then feel curious about what I'm feeling inside.
I want to go out and explore God's natural beauty, yet a part of me longs to invent my own, to explore the vastness I so often hide.
I can hardly sit still at this seat any more, as I look out the window wondering where all I could go?
The endless supply of birds in my yard, the sound of their singing, aren't I blessed to be listening?
God's beauty and grace surrounds me daily,
I'll pray that I see it, enjoy it and share it.
That I don't let the hours creep up and frighten me down,
because those shadows of fear, they don't belong here.
Being a woman of courage means I'll always come boldly,
addressing the issues and relying on God.
Seeking His word and then claiming...
Claiming what? Is that the same as thinking,
"Devil you're stupid and there's no way your succeeding.
Feel free to back down because I've grown from my Father's redeeming!"
I yelled in his face, I said I'll keep dreaming,
until one day that girl who was running and embracing this freedom
is no longer a dream, but the way I'll be being
-from now until then-
when He comes, for my eternal safe-keeping.

*God please keep me ever in your arms, please help me be an aide to your kingdom and to grow in you love that I might be able to express the same kind in order to make the most of every encounter I have. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment