Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Cure for the Common Life

Wake up: 6 am
Brush teeth: 2 minutes
Eat Breakfast. (brush teeth again).
It all goes on and on and it can do so with very little purpose. Or, with a purpose we don't recognise and many won't care to see.
I found myself in a similar cycle. I might not have known it, I was going along my life "just fine." But then, every once and awhile, I'd have these episodes when I would just break down and cry. No reason I could think of. Everything was "good." So why did I have an elephant sitting on my chest and an interpretation of Shakespeare's great tragedy frolicking through my mind as I thought of the events of my own life? Well, I was reading this book, Cure for the Common Life, written by Max Lucado and he explains that we all have a bag of assets waiting for us to use. We are born with them, after all God created us in our mothers' wombs and specifically designed us to fulfill a purpose. If we are not fulfilling a specific role, I know precisely how we might feel....like an elephant is sitting on our chests and that we are living out an interpretation of.. you get the point. The point is, I want to be happy. I want to be fulfilled, but most importantly I must fulfill God's calling on my life in order to achieve either of those.
How do I do that?
Not sure yet, plus out of time, but I'll keep posting because more than ever I desire to find the answer...the cure :)
Through prayer I will believe that God will reveal His plan and purpose for me and for all those who find themselves, like me, desperately seeking their callings.
What I do know is that God is good and faithful to reveal all things in due time. I never would have guessed feeling this revived and this refreshed given the journey I know I must embark on, but come one, trips are always exciting and fresh starts are even more refreshing than that. I'm excited to see what God has planned for me and to try to peace (piece) the pieces together.
Clue One: Prophecy. Has God every placed a person in your life to prophesy the the things to come. That's a good place to start!
Skill set: What makes you tick and thrive? Go there. Which jobs include not one or two or only three of those sets, but a majority of them? There will be a job or a duty in which God can use us all!
I have to go for now, but I can guarantee I'll be thinking about this as much as I'm able. I'm praying against anxiety during this time of reflection because I know God is ultimately in control. I also pray for guidance and direction. "The Lord is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path." Amen! and God bless you!
Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment