Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book Club

There is this part of me that will never give up hope of being a part of or starting my own book club. I love reading, I want to discuss books with others, so it seems like the best. Then again, I like to savor my own ideas. Nah, I'd like to share them. I think it would be a good way to connect. Maybe I'll start my own? We could meet at a local Starbucks or park?? Just planning!

This was brought on because I finished We All Fall Down by Nic Sheff today. It was written the way we might understand the author would be speaking, with all of the "uh's and fuck off's." It wasn't all poetic and descriptive, but it was breath-catching. It was real and I found myself crying, or close to tears, durign the last ten or so chapters of the book. It was relatable and I loved it and I thank God for the opportunity of stumbling on it. Anyways, whatever comes from it, I'm thankful he shared his story because it meant a lot to me.

Today is the first time I will post in the year 2012! Very strange, considering many people believed and/or believe this will be the last year of our existence. I don't know about all of that. I'm just trying to live for any amount of time I have left. I haven't been doing very much over the last few weeks. I finished school, moved home, spent Christmas and New Year's with my family and now... well, now I'm bored. I'm trying to figure out what exactly should be my next move, but I'm not there yet. I know I need a job. I need a car of my own and eventually a place of my own. Is it so bad that  I am happy where I am right now though? My life is great and I just want to take it step by step. I can't even apply for CSUSB Credential program for a few months. I need to study for the CBEST so I can hopefully start substitute teaching. I'm going to church, I'm writing a little bit, I'm being a part of my family, I'm learning to live in this life style for a bit before I go rushing off on anymore adventures. Thank God that that all feels okay for now. I can't wait to see the next stages though!

I guess that's all for now, better go walk the dog before she goes stir-crazy. I'll write soon, maybe after my next book. This cyber world of anonymity and disillusion can become my audience until I come up with a different solution.

Here's to a blessed day! ~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment