Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I hear it.

I hear this voice inside myself telling me I'm not dead yet.
To back it up, he gives me proof.
It is the touch of her head on my arm at night.
She knocked gently, said she didn't want to cry.
I said alright.
We laid that way for a little while and then laughed so hard I thought I felt myself,
the old me, coming back?


I don't look back anymore, the pillar of salt thing,
instead I want to be a Sarah, I want to laugh at the Good news,
even if He has to slightly reprimand me.
I'm lying to myself if I say my memory fails me, but I'm getting better at forgiving.
Forgiving another has never felt better.
Forgive another the way I want Him to forgive me, completely. Sure.
How else would I want it to be?

Everything I feared has gone away, I'd actually love to hear what the old me had to say.
Was I scared? Was I hurt? Well, yeah. Did I waste time? Yea. Will everything I've been through come back to complete me. I think so.

God, only you know the strength within.
Only you know the me I was meant to be
You have changed my life so completely.
Oddly, I'm once more like the old me.
This is the way I think I was meant to be.
To keep going, to believe that once before you held me.
To believe that I will only succeed, all the while getting to know you better too.
Can it really be? Can I really be so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment