Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Muses. (Closer to home than previously thought).

You gave me hope tonight
I don't know if you know it.
You had no need to do it
yet your gentle words and the surety of your voice
were like the hand that wipes away my tears
and the run that reminds me of my absence of years.

I remember who you are and I know who you are supposed to be.
That is the problem with suppositions,
they leave little room for actual knowing.

The truth is I know little of who you are,
but I'd like to learn it, I'd like to listen.
You invited me into your heart so many times and I couldn't understand.

I have another chance now, at least I think I do,
and my only hope is to be able to show you how beautiful you are.
I don't want to be demeaning and it isn't that you give me a reason
I just want you to know it, it is the only gift I can give,
to give you a reflection of all your beauty within.

No comments:

Post a Comment