Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's going on!?!

Two things, two books:

Thinking, Fast and Slow
and
Technopoly by Neil Postman.

I have some ideas going on here. Referring firstly to the second book, awhile ago it was my idea to write a fictional story about the dangers of technology. I might still want to, but I went to the library day to do some research. I found many books, started with Technopoly. So far, my favorite idea, or the one I remember now, is to change the premise of my fictional book to a government conspiracy that causes all computers to crash and the distortion, and restoration, that ensues!
We'll see. It is always nice for me to read a book that seems to capture my thoughts, to say to me, "You are not alone in that opinion." It can be nice, as I often feel isolated in my thoughts, perhaps because I am unable to accurately, or engagingly, express them.

More on these later... I need to switch to writing in my D____ for all the other menial details of my day =P

No comments:

Post a Comment