Thursday, December 13, 2012

Almost a new year!!!!


If I had anything to believe, it would be this. That NOTHING could separate us from Christ. Not the knowledge of sin in our lives, not rebellion, not an ugly heart, not the criticisms or judgements from anyone else, but that God loves us. No matter what. 

Romans 8:34- 39 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I rely on Christ to strengthen me and I believe in Him through faith and hope. Hope. Hoping that what I believe, what I walk by daily, what I turn to in an argument for the right words, the words which bring peace, all of those things I hope in, would be true. I hope because it makes me happy. It makes me gleeful to think that what I read during that fight were "coincidentally" the same verses from my daily devotional, which I read some hours later in the day. That's called the Holy Spirit speaking to me. No, it isn't a voice in my head. Thank the Lord. It is concrete evidence that there is, and can be, more to this life than mtv or celebrities would lead you to believe. Does it take a leap of faith? Yes. Is it contrary to what we are taught to do, ever since we stopped believing in Santa Claus? Yes. Is it absolutely worth it and can it be measured based on spiritual growth, maturity and health? Yes. Yes, actual physical health will improve as you follow God. I don't know how. I might never understand, but I'm believing and the more I do, the more in awe I become. The more I can't live my life with out Jesus, on a daily basis. As I look back on this year, I'm amazed at how everything has turned out. I might not be where I thought I was going to be as I left my college town one year ago today (maybe a day or two less) but I'm so much better than then. Its a blessing to have added Christ to my life and I'm looking for the next year so I can see all the changes and blessings He adds to my life. It's a good thing to be a Christian and I look forward to celebrating Christ's birthday, not the presents under a tree. 
As always, I hope everyone is having a good day and that hope abounds in our lives even more than ever before!
Love sincerely,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment