Thursday, May 16, 2013

Prayer Journal

I was finally able to talk to a friend tonight who I haven't spoken to in so long! It felt so great! How can I explain why? I guess because she has been there with me through everything in my adult life. In the last seven years I've known this girl through college, through that time of awkward transition of high school senior to college freshman. Our friendship has survived trials, bouts of terrible character (on my part!) and just the waves that distance creates. She has gone on to accomplish our dream, going on to complete her credential and she is now going on her third year of teaching! I am so proud of her. She is such an amazing, strong woman. It's amazing that I get to know her and that she has stuck by me through all these years, especially since she isn't even part of my immediate family! I'm thankful that my relationship with God has reminded me how important it is to keep those you love in your life and in your prayers.

One of the most awesome things about being friends with people for so long is that they see all of the changes within us. They are able to look past whatever gunk is in that moment and see who we really are. Good friends will do that for us. They will allow us to see ourselves as they see us and so that we can make the decision to keep pressing on because, well, what other option do we have? Especially when you have seen trials with that person before, then you are able to see whatever you are going through for just what it is. Another trial, another mountain that IS going to get out of your way!

I'm so grateful for that girl and for all of the moments in my life that I will be able to overcome simply because of her presence in my life. She was a great influence when I met her all those years ago and a great one still. I'm so proud of you and know God has great things in store for you! Keep holding on...if you ever read these things, you know who you are!

I hope everyone else is having a great night and that a friend, a family member, a pet, or whoever can be that person for you. They are like a shined up reflection of ourselves after all. Choose wisely who you allow to hold that reflection for all those years and make decisions you can be proud to share with that one person (maybe two or three, if you're (really) lucky)!

Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment