Sunday, April 22, 2012

Isaiah 60:18

"No longer will violence be heard in your land,
      nor ruin or destruction within your borders,
but you will call your walls Salvation,
      and your gates Praise."

This is my prayer, my belief, for the United States of America. An end to hunger, to rebellion, to fear, to hatred. Will you get on-board?

I know there was a time, not so long ago, when I thought prayers like these were wishful thinking. In fact, I first "prayed" for the children in other countries while I was meditating. Last fall, I felt love like nobody's business. I was in the warehouse of love, it felt like. Thankfully, I was equipped with a mental distribution center, but it wasn't enough to will the feeling of His love on those I came in contact with at work. I wanted to do more, so I began to meditate in the mornings, thinking of all the lonely children in South America, Asia, Africa, and finally, home- here, the United States (and Australia, almost forgot! oh, and Europe- hah). I visualized all the little kids with snotty noses and smeared dirt from the tears collecting at the edges of their faces. I envisioned their mothers, mostly crying with fear and hopelessness. I willed His love to them, to comfort them, to stop the pain they were filling. I wanted them to feel love, the way I was so fortunate of feeling. And then, for some reason, I stopped. I stopped feeling it, I stopped believing in what I was doing, maybe I compromised.

But, I'm over that now, too. I don't want to compromise. My compassion is beating in my chest and threatening to destroy me if I continue ignoring it. I want to go back there, but how? My life feels so different now. I'm in a completely different world, but Got still loves. He loves and I want to pass it on. Pass it on to those I come in contact with, but to those who will never know me. I'll pray for those in this nation who don't believe, so that they might join me in this thinking. Positive thinking, collective thought, whatever you want to call it, start somewhere in believing in change. Let's face it, politicians will let us down. They won't provide the change they guarantee, so let it start with me, and you, and all others who have figured all of this out long before we did. I'm praying for positive change, for hope, for love, for comfort, for food, for all of those needs to be met and it starts with believing he can do what He said... or meditating. He'll take what He can get, like I already said ;) Good luck and happy praying.
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment