Friday, October 7, 2011

Did you know?

So, I'm  sitting here with a finished bowl of delicious peanut butter oatmeal and a cup of coffee, getting ready to get ready for work, but wanting to blog just a little bit.
I turned to my Bible this morning for a boost of encouragement, to get myself headed in the right direction. It came down to this, I keep seeing the same ideas when I read and all that means is now I'd like to share them. Where to begin? Not much time this morning so I'll be precise and hopefully come back at a later point...

1 Corinthians 12. The verse is titled, "Spiritual Unity of Believers."
I am so happy I found this section. Here's why:
12:5, "There are differences of ministry, but the same Lord." And 12:13-15, "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body-whether Jews of Greeks, whether slaves or free-and have all been made to drink into the Spirit. (14) For in fact the body is not one member but many. (15) If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore of the body?
Finally, 12:18-19, "But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. (19) "And if they were all one member, where would the body be?"

Basically, my take is, we are all on this Earth for a purpose, we have our roles and we fulfill them just by existing. Not one piece is better or less than the other and no piece has the right to contradict this knowledge. Simple, but pure.

I love this because I see it as unifying any people who come together to praise the Lord, to preach love... it shows me that we should all be working together and not fighting one another. When the Catholic church stumbles it is not for the Christian to feel exhorted, but for us to raise up and pray together for healing. I want this message to stir around the world that in unity there is strength  and only then can one true message be sent. God loves us and with that Love, peace is possible.

That's it for now, I'm off to work. God bless and keep you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment