Friday, February 17, 2012

Through it all. What a statement!

Through the inspiring work of those I love,
I can feel a fire burning, pushing me to drive.
Through their creations and their wonders, I can almost feel Him from above;
Moving me to work, produce and thrive.
Through their blessings, I remember I'm alive.

Afraid of falling into nothingness, afraid of too much pride.
Walking gingerly, a tightrope, with waves of nausea in my mind.
Pulling me first up, then down, and then wiping my heart clean.
He first put His words inside of me, so now I can feel a dream.

Growing dimly, needing more, faith to rely on Him.
I want to make it beautiful, I want more to fit His timing.
I'd rather live in love and look always towards the light,
I'd rather be an instrument, than assume I know what's right.

How long before I see it, the sun You set as my horizon?
For now I follow blindly, but I feel You hold my hand.
A voice of heaven I have in me, finally a real man is on my side.
I'm longing for you, Jesus, please take this as my final stand;

Your longing to expose the heart of me and shake off the dust beneath it,
I'm needing strength and time and patience,
these lessons learned, I won't bear to be repeated.
You fill the void and give me things, I never knew I needed.

I'm thanking God today for all that I have and for all that is yet to be done. I'm acknowledging the process and praying for the strength to continue along the path. I'm also asking for discernment because that's just where I am. I'm praying that He knows my heart and uses me where I'm needed. I'm thankful that He doesn't give us more than we can handle and that He holds my heart in His hands and is molding it for the good works that are yet to be accomplished! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment